Monday, July 9, 2007

CARE PACKAGE

Hi all!

. A friend told me about a blog site for missionaries and I decided to sign up our blog site. Jim the guy with this great idea asked us to put in a post about CARE PACKAGES and how we could get them, what we would like to get etc. Many people ask me what I would like in a package and so I thought this was a great way to let people know what we like and could use, so below are my ideas:

I am content without Hershey’s Chocolates and goodies such as that, especially my waistline and hips. I already have a hard time with weight watching due to the high carbohydrate meals we have here in Africa. Items that would make me really happy are things such as

- Sugar free hard candies that last a time in your mouth (there is one coffee flavored) it makes me feel like I am having a Starbucks. There are many different kinds and any would be a treat.

- Mints, gum, peanuts, sunflower seeds, small things that don’t take up to much space, weight and want spoil. Tuna in a foil package works great even over long distance travel and oh how I love it. I could always use medicines such as Tylenol, Alka Seltzer Plus Cold, Pepto Bismol tablets, Band-Aids, Neosporin ointment, or anything for minor healing aids.

Soups, spaghetti, chili, enchilada packs, taco seasonings, the dry ones that you add water or tomatoes too. I can’t remember all of them but these are the ones I have received that I loved.
Dried spices like oregano, cilantro, basil, chili powder, Garlic salt.
Garden seeds (all kinds) work great for our garden and because they are dried, there is no problem getting them through customs.

We could always use clothes and shoes for Enia, who is now 7 1/2 years old and taller than ever. She can still wear some of her size 6 jeans in the waist but the length has become a problem. So size 7 or 8 in shirts but 7 in pants. Shoes oh that we grow out of fast size 1 to 1 ½. She loves Pink!

We also received things like good family videos, kid’s educational material like leap frog or learning CD’s. Enia is learning how to use my computer and doing very well at it. SCHOOL SUPPLIES has been a very big help!!!! Things like:

- Pens, pencils, colors, markers
- For VBS colors, markers, glitter tubes, creative ideas

Other special things like for me:
- Teaching tapes, new music CDs. Like Joyce Meyer’s, Beth Moore, Jason Upton CD’ and others.
- T-shirts for my ministry I do for the youth here in Mozambique. I have 9 youth at present and all
sizes as we also have soccer teams in the community that we work with and share Jesus.
- Soccer balls, basketballs with no air in them.

It is nice to get nice lotions that smell good but they don’t need to have a strong sent to them or they will attract mesquites. Toothpaste and tooth brushes are a great help and are always appreciated.

Items can be shipped to:
Angie Wheeler
Suite #26
Private Bag X11340
Nelspruit 1200
South Africa

Blessings,
Angie and Enia

No comments: