Saturday, March 24, 2007

March 22, 2007 The explosion


OH how loud and frightening those explosions were. I honestly thought we were being bombed. It rattled the windows and walls of my office. At home it sounded as if it was going to take the tin roof off. Enia was so scarred and in tears. She was not only dealing with the fear of what she did not know or understand but was not feeling well.


That night Enia began to run a very high fever. She had been complaining of a headache but I could go now where to get her tested for malaria. The clinics we usually go to were closed or full from the explosion victims. IT was best to wait. I kept her fever down with Tylenol and wet clothes, cold showers ( not so bad as it was so hot.) Enia slept with me which was not only a comfort for her but me as well. We continued to hear the bombs way into the night.


At 3 am I woke up and she was so hot. I woke her up for more Tylenol, but wanted her to have something in her stomach so I made her eat a banana. It was quite funny as she is lying on my pillow with her eyes closed, half asleep, eating a banana. I had to remind her to chew. The fever went down and we went back to sleep.


Because of all the confusion the kids did not have school and Enia was relieved as she does not like to miss school. She went to the clinic and it confirmed what I thought, she has malaria. Malaria is ranked on a scale of 1 to five, this determines from the blood the amount of parasites and Enia was at level 2.


Keep us in your prayers!


Angie and Enia

No comments: